Young male performer sought for new interactive performance in Birmingham
The Other Way Works – a new theatre game – ‘Agent in a Box’
We are looking for a performer to play ‘Hussein Kissar’ in a new theatre game we are developing, who fits the character brief below.
The part would suit a student performer, or someone with a playing age of 19-21. Ideally Birmingham/West Midlands based.
– Short Voice recordings of voicemail messages
– Live performance (observed by audience sitting in parked cars)
– – Walking around a multi-storey car park, agitated, on the phone
– – Potential meeting with ‘Michael Makerson’ in the car park, argument/hug/kiss etc
– – Potential delivery of envelope to audience members in parked car and short dialogue with them from back seat of car.
Nationality: Saudi Arabian
Hussein Kissar is a Saudi-born young man. The son of a wealthy Saudi businessman, he has been privately educated at top UK boarding school.
He is now a University student in London. He is independently wealthy and free to enjoy his life.
He has a keen interest in environmental issues and the green agenda.
He is a homosexual and is ‘out’ to his peers in the UK, but not to his family, or to friends in Saudi Arabia. He is therefore discreet about his sexuality in public contexts where this might attract unwanted coverage.
He has been having a secret affair with the politician and Environment Secretary ‘Michael Makerson’ for over a year. Makerson met him when giving a speech at his school, where Makerson’s own children also attend. Aged 17, he was invited by Makerson to shadow him as part of the school’s work experience programme.
– We’d like to make voice recordings in mid September, in Birmingham (or remotely)
– Performances as part of a public ‘playtesting’ event in central Birmingham on Monday 26th September 10am – 6pm
Potential performances in London on 12 & 13th November (under separate agreement)
To cover 1 day of rehearsals and performances on 26 September 2016 and recording of short vocal recordings before that, inclusive of travel.
Katie Day, Artistic Director, The Other Way Works
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about your performing experience and why you would like to be involved by WEDNESDAY 14th SEPTEMBER 2016.
Please make the Email Subject: Hussein Kissar Role.
Please attach a CV and links to any photos/showreels/profiles online.